Thursday 8 May 2014

Breakup with Don Jazzy Did not Affect My Career - D'banj

d'banj
The former Mohits artiste told Thisday Style that his split from producer Don Jazzy hasn't in any way affected his career negatively, but rather it had taken him to a greater height.

See excerpts below;

Q.)You parted ways with your partner and long time friend Don Jazzy, which wasn't pleasant news for many of your fans in Nigeria and around the world; can you tell us why you took such a decision?

A.)Any split or break up will affect anyone because you are used to a way of working and for me, it did. But I always look at the light at the end of the tunnel. It was after the split that I had my first global hit 'Oliver Twist'. It hit the top ten in the United Kingdom and also it was when other endorsements came through, such as the theme song for Africa Cup of Nation 'Top of the world'. I got to perform it in front of 92,000 people. Also I was made a GLO Ambassador and also an ambassador the Bank for Industry. But Don jazzy is one of Nigeria's most amazing producers and will continue to be so, I respect his work tremendously. He is also a long time friend and brother.


Q.)Has the split in any way affected your musical career or has it had a positive impact on the musician you are today?

A.)I don't believe it has affected my career in anyway. As you can see, D'banj is getting involved in many things such as the ONE Campaign by Bono; an ambassador for agriculture in Nigeria, my music is doing great too with my recent new video for one of the soundtracks for 'Half of a Yellow Sun'. My career going great as expected. This year we celebrate 10 years of D'banj in the entertainment industry. I'm thankful to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBM CHANNEL "C004CF3EF"
ADD Admin 55F8FCD8