Saturday 24 January 2015

NOLLYWOOD ACTRESS, BIMBO THOMAS Revealed Hidden Facts You Never knew Her

name of image

Nollywood actress, Bimbo Thomas. The graduate of Creative Arts from the University of Lagos, Akoka became more popular after her impressive role in actress, Funke Akindele’s critically acclaimed movie, Omo Ghetto.

In this interview with punch, she shares some defining moments in her career and style, among other interesting issues read below;

Why did you choose to become an actress?
I decided to become an actress because the profession helps to showcase my talent. Ever since I was a kid, I had always wanted to become an actress, so I studied Theatre Arts in school. When the opportunity came for me to become an actress while I was in the University of Lagos, I embraced it. I have had no regrets ever since. I cannot forget the feeling of excitement I had when I first featured in a movie. I fell in love with the profession immediately.

What were some of the challenges you faced while building your career?
I would not say I faced any challenge because I see challenges as tests about to become testimonies. The truth is that there is nothing we do in this world that we do not face challenges but the ability to scale through is what makes someone successful. I thank God for the strength he has given me. The ability to counter challenges is from God and if it’s been replaced with countless blessings, then one should be thankful the huddle has been crossed successfully.

Were you ever sexually harassed in the industry?
I have never been sexually harassed in the industry for any reason.

Do you think there is a difference between fashion and style?
Absolutely, fashion is making trendy statement while style is how you can personalise such trends. Fashion trends come and go but a person’s style sticks with him. There is a huge difference between both concepts.

Has your career influenced your style?
To a great extent, my career has influenced my style and it has made it more explicit.

What was your growing up like?
My growing up was not a bed of roses because it was quite rough but my siblings and I were quite content considering the neighbourhood where we grew up in Lagos Island. A big thanks to my parents because they never allowed us to lack anything. All the experiences I gathered while growing up have made me who I am today.

Were you fashionable as a kid?
Yes. I was very stylish when I was growing up and I still am till date. I always paid attention to every detail as a teenager and I am sure my friends from back then can attest to that.

Being a dark skinned lady, what is your take on ladies that bleach their skin?
I believe everyone should have a reason for taking any action they take in life. I believe black is golden and I can’t tamper with the beautiful radiant skin God has given me.

But can you bleach your skin?
God forbid. I can never bleach my skin for any reason. If given the opportunity to alter any part of your body, making it bigger or smaller, which part would it be? I love my body the way it is. Everything is perfect but I think I will just choose to be slimmer than I am right now and that’s all.

When it comes to your body, which do you see as asset?
That’s deep and requires a moment for me to think about. I believe every part of my body is valuable; from my hair to my toe nail, they are precious.

What are the major fashion flaws common especially to Nigerians; both male and female?
The major flaw is people not knowing what fits their body structure because they want to follow the fashion trend and this is common among ladies. The men love to wear big jewellery even on clothes that they are not meant to wear such. I feel everyone should know what suits them and they should stick to their styles.

What is the most embarrassing fashion mistake you have made?
I call it the ‘underwear error.’ There was a day I wore a dress with a low back to an event and sat at the front roll and my bra kept popping out to the extent that my attention was drawn to it every second. I did not enjoy the show and I thank God that the fashion police didn’t catch me.

What kind of clothes do you feel very comfortable wearing?
I am always comfortable wearing clothes that are below the knee. It does not matter if it is a skirt, shorts or a dress.

What is that fashion item you admire on a man?
I love a man that has a collection of good shoes. I admire men with good shoes because it says a lot about their personality. It also shows that the man has good taste.

What’s your favourite hairstyle?
I love having a full hair on my head, be it wig or weave but I don’t visit the salon very often. I go there about once a month but I do a lot of blow drying on my own.

Does the big tattoo on your hand have any significance?
It does not have any serious significance. I just see it as a replacement of my favourite pendant which I lost. I drew a crucifix in memory of the precious gift. Tattoo has been a trend since the time of our forefathers and it was used as a means of identity or to profess love for someone. I love tattoos a lot and I can choose to have others but in hidden parts of my body.

Do you think fashion ends with just what we wear?
Fashion is beyond dressing and taking pictures with different postures. To be fashionable is to be able to make a statement through my appearance. Like the saying goes, ‘dress the way you want to be addressed.’

Is applying make-up a mandatory routine?
No, it is not because I feel I am prettier when I am natural. So, most times, I don’t wear make-up.

How often do you patronise Nigerian designers?
I do not patronise them often because most of the time I design my own outfits.

What influences your fashion statement?
The only thing that influences my fashion statement is my mood. My mood determines my outlook.

Is there any fashion item you can’t leave home without?
I can’t leave home without my sunglasses. I’m so addicted to them. Most of the time, I like to be anonymous, so before you can tell that it is me, I’m already gone. I can’t leave home without a breath freshener too just to feel fresh all day.

What is your fashion weakness?
I have a weakness for shoes and perfumes. Already, I have over a hundred pairs of shoes and 35 bottles of different collections of perfumes and I still want more.

What is your take on ladies exposing their cleavages and wearing skimpy and tight dresses?
I believe it is different strokes for different folks. I think people wear whatever they are comfortable in, so it is really their choice.

Why do you like showing cleavage when you dress?
I don’t choose to reveal my cleavage; I just wear whatever I feel good and comfortable in. I don’t do it on purpose.

When stepping out for an event, what are the things you consider?
The type of gathering I am going to determines how my appearance would be. Also, the impression I hope to leave behind matters a lot.

Culled from punchng

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBM CHANNEL "C004CF3EF"
ADD Admin 55F8FCD8